From my many years of traveling, I have found a few items that I believe are essential to bring along. I always keep these items in my purse to assure my day goes smoothly.
- Headphones – This is my top item just because I travel a lot by myself and I like to keep to myself while traveling alone. My secret is to have my headphones in but not to turn on any music. By keeping your headphones in people assume you are listening to music and can’t hear anything so they usually keep to themselves. Since I’m definitely a semi-social introvert, this allows me to have a peaceful flight and avoid conversation.
- Blanket- I usually get super cold on flights (cough cough Delta) so this is a big one for me. A small blanket that you can fit into your purse. I travel with Delta Airlines a lot, sometimes they give you a small blanket. I typically take the blanket after the flight so when I’m traveling with different airlines, I have it with me or in case they don’t give you one on that flight.
- Snacks- I always carry snacks in my purse while traveling so I don’t have to purchase food at the airport. This is because it can be a bit pricey and sometimes you can’t find healthy options. My go-to snack would have to be a protein bar or a 100 calorie pack of nuts because they are small and super filling.
- Gum & Germ X- I put these two together because they are small but super important. The gum is for your ears, sometimes your ears will get clogged from the air pressure difference. I always try to chew gum during the flight, especially during take-off and landing. The Germ-X is just to stay sanitary. So many people travel and you never know what you are touching so I keep germ X in my purse.
- A mini bag of must-haves- I put together a bag of mini items that I would need just in case my checked bag would get lost or if something would go wrong. What I keep in that little bag is toothpaste & toothbrush, deodorant, perfume, contacts, undergarments, face wipes, and medication. You can add anything you can’t live without in this bag as well, of course, they are all minis so they can fit into your bag.
- Phone Charger- Don’t forget to put your phone charger in your bag because nobody wants to be stuck at the airport with a dead phone!
One more thing I would add is, keep something in your bag that will keep you entertained. I usually just play on my phone but some people like to bring their iPad, magazine, book, etc.. just make sure you have something to keep your mind off of the long trip and it will go by faster than you think.
Leave a Reply